10. Privacy statement
10.1 Information collected
We process information about you ("your Personal Information") in accordance with our privacy statement set out below. By using The Emirates High Street, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all Personal Information provided by you is accurate.
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
- Registration information (including but not limited to personal data such as names, addresses, contact numbers, date of birth, preferred methods of communication for Emirates Skywards and The Emirates High Street). This includes any other information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or purchasing Product(s). We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or one of our affiliates and when you report any problem with your use of The Emirates High Street.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through The Emirates High Street and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
If you are an Emirates Skywards Member we may also hold the following information:
10.2 Where we keep your personal information
Your Personal Information collected by us will be stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10.3 Uses of personal information
We use your Personal Information collected by us in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any Contract entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive services when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Product(s) or any other ancillary services.
- For accounting and audit purposes (including fraud auditing).
- To carry out credit checking and credit scoring.
- To develop new products and services.
- For marketing and market research purposes.
- Where you consent, pass on your Personal Information to third parties.
- Such other purpose as you may authorise from time to time.
We may also use your Personal Information, or permit selected third parties to use your Personal Information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we can contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or through direct mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your Personal Information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your Personal Information or on any order or registration form.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of your Personal Information that we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisements to that target audience.
You will always be notified when your Personal Information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not you wish to proceed with services that require an outside party.
Please note that you cannot opt out from supplying your Personal Information to us.
10.4 Provision of personal information
We may provide your Personal Information to any member of the Emirates Group, namely Emirates, DNATA or any business operated by those corporations or any corporation in the Emirates Group.
We may provide your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may provide your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, any personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these Terms and Conditions and/or in any other related agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Emirates, Emirates Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
10.5 Registration, special offers and contests
Once you have registered with The Emirates High Street LLC as a Website user, you may receive information on additional products, services and special deals offered by us. Out of respect for your privacy and your Personal Information we offer you the option not to receive these types of communications (please see paragraph 10.7 below). From time to time contests may be conducted via the Website. Participation in these contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not you wish to disclose any Personal Information in connection with them. Contact information supplied to us as part of your Personal Information will be used to notify you if you have won any applicable prizes.
The Website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites not operated by us. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects your Personal Information. The privacy statement in this paragraph 10 applies solely to your Personal Information collected by our Website.
10.7 Correction/updating of your personal information
If your Personal Information changes, we will provide a way to correct, update or remove your Personal Information previously provided to us.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt out of receiving these communications by logging into your account and selecting the "unsubscribe" in your profile.
10.9 Notification of changes
If we decide to change the privacy statement contained in this paragraph 10, we will post those changes on the Website in order that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any point we decide to use your Personal Information in a manner different from that stated in this paragraph 10, we will notify you in writing by e-mail. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your Personal Information in this different manner.