To receive all the latest news and special offers, subscribe to our newsletters
The Emirates High Street & Westfield – “Redeem to Win” March Promotion
Redeem your Skywards Miles for a Westfield Gift Card for a chance to win a Westfield AU$10,000 Shopping Spree
Terms and Conditions
This promotion (the "Promotion") is brought to you by Emirates (on behalf of The High Street LLC trading as The Emirates High Street) (ABN 81 073 569 696) of Level 17, 1 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone: (02) 9290 9700 (the "Promoter"), in association with the benefiting party Westfield Gift Cards Pty Limited (ABN 78 113 171 663) of Level 24, 100 William Street, Sydney NSW 2011, telephone: (02) 9358 7000 ("Westfield"). By entering the Promotion, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept (and do accept) the Terms and Conditions set out below (the "Rules"). In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules or the conduct or results of, and all other matters relating to the Promotion, the Promoter's decision is final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
The Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEDT) on Monday 12 March 2012 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on Friday 30 March 2012 (the "Promotion Period").
- Entry to the Promotion is open to residents Australia of aged eighteen (18) years or over who hold a current Emirates Skywards Account in their name during the Promotion Period and on the date of the Prize Draw (namely 10 April 2012 at 11:30am AEDT) ("Qualifying Entrants").
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify a Qualifying Entrant's identity, age and place of residence and to disqualify any Qualifying Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Rules or who tampers with the Prize Draw process. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a Qualifying Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Qualifying Entrant invalid.
- Employees of the Promoter, any other Emirates Group company, Westfield, Westfield Holdings Limited, Salmat IDR Pty Ltd., any of their associated companies and/or their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, brother, sister, step-brother, or step-sister.
Prize Draw Rules
- Qualifying Entrants using their Skywards Miles to purchase a Westfield Gift Card from The Emirates High Street website located at www.emirateshighstreet.com (the "Website") during the Promotion Period ("Qualifying Transaction(s)") will be automatically entered into prize draw to be run pursuant to these Rules (the "Prize Draw").
- Multiple entries to the Prize Draw are permitted, subject to the following:
- Each single Qualifying Transaction for an AU$50 Westfield Gift Card (18,000 Skywards Miles) gives the Qualifying Entrant one (1) entry in to the Prize Draw.
- Each single Qualifying Transaction for an AU$100 Westfield Gift Card (29,000 Skywards Miles) gives the Qualifying Entrant three (3) entries in to the Prize Draw.
- Each single Qualifying Transaction for an AU$250 Westfield Gift Card (67,000 Skywards Miles) gives the Qualifying Entrant six (6) entries in to the Prize Draw.
- One Qualifying Entrant will be drawn at random to select one winner (the "Winner"). The draw will take place on Tuesday 10 April 2012 at 11.30 am (AEDT) at Salmat IDR, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. There will be 5 x Eligible Entrants drawn at the same time and place as the Prize Draws, to be held as “back-up winners” for the Prize draw. Back-Up Winners will be recorded in the order drawn and used only in the instance that the relevant Prize Winner is ineligible, and therefore unable to receive a Prize. Prizes will be allocated to Back-Up winners in the order in which they were drawn. A Back-Up Winner will not receive a Prize, except pursuant to this clause.
- There will be one prize, consisting of a $10,000 Westfield shopping spree, awarded in the form of 20 x $500 Westfield Gift Cards (the "Prize"). The maximum total prize value is $10,000 (including GST).
- Westfield Gift Card terms and conditions, including expiry rules, apply to the use of Gift Cards. Gift Card expiry dates will run from the date of the Prize Draw unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter. The Promoter will not be responsible if the Prize Gift Cards become invalid due to breach of the Westfield Gift Card terms and conditions and no compensation will be made thereof.
- For the Westfield Gift Card terms and conditions and a full list of current participating stores visit www.westfield.com.au/giftcards
- The Prize (or any unused Westfield Gift Card) cannot be redeemed for cash or other goods or services.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses including travel to and from Westfield Gift Card participating stores, are become the responsibility of the Winner.
- If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Claiming the Prize
- The Winner will be notified by the Promoter via email and telephone within two (2) days of the Prize Draw using the contact details in his/her Emirates Skywards Account and his/her first initial and last name and state of residence will be published in The Australian on Tuesday 17 April 2012.
- Qualifying Entrants are responsible for ensuring that the contact details in their Emirates Skywards Account are accurate and up to date at all times.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the Winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in a form satisfactory to the Promoter prior to awarding the Prize. In the event that the Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause and the prize will be awarded to back-up winner.
- Qualifying Entrants must retain their purchase receipt(s) from The Emirates High Street for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of a Qualifying Entrant's entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the Westfield Gift Card purchased and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of a Qualifying Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Qualifying Entrant.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, a further draw for an unclaimed prize will take place on Tuesday 10 July 2012 at 11:30am (AEDT) at the same place as the original draw. The winner will be notified by the Promoter via email and telephone within two (2) days of the draw and his/her first initial and last name and state of residence will be published in The Australian on Tuesday 17 July 2012.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winner's name and photograph(s) in local, regional and/or international press for an unlimited period without remuneration and also to utilise photographs of the Winner for advertising and publicity purposes. Winning Entrants shall be featured in such publicity solely upon their express agreement.
- The Promoter collects Qualifying Entrants' personal information in order to conduct the Prize Draw and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties rendering services in relation to the Promotion / Prize Draw, to Westfield, Salmat IDR Pty Ltd and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry to the Prize Draw is conditional on providing this information. Qualifying Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct their personal information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- If a Skywards member or Qualifying Entrant has indicated a preference to receive communications from Emirates, he/she will continue to receive future marketing and promotional communications from Emirates. If he/she has opted out or unsubscribed from such communications, he/she will not receive any further communications from Emirates. For the sake of clarity, Westfield will contact Qualifying Entrants only for the purposes of the Promotion / Prize Draw and will not be contacting Qualifying Entrants with any future marketing and promotional communications.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any claims, demands, suits, judgements, damages, losses, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or the Prize Draw. This exclusion does not cover liability for death or bodily injury caused solely by the negligence of the Promoter or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter accept no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
- The Promoter will not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Prize Draw where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Qualifying Entrants enter the Prize Draw at their own risk and agree to indemnify the Promoter against all liabilities, claims, demands, suits, judgements, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including for loss of reputation and goodwill and professional advisors' fees) arising from the Qualifying Entrant's actions in connection with the Prize Draw or a breach of these Rules.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Rules; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winning Entrant or Qualifying Entrant; or (f) use of or taking of a prize.
- These Rules are governed by the legislations of all state authorities within Australia to the exclusion of any other law. Qualifying Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State and Territory lottery departments.
- Authorized under NSW Permit No. LTPS/12/01127, VIC Permit No.12/397, ACT Permit No. TP 12/00605, SA Permit No.T12/292.
If you have any questions regarding the Promotion or the Prize Draw, please contact The Emirates High Street at email@example.com.